2023 Board of Governors Election Results
Active and judicial members in four Board Districts have elected members to the Board of Governors. After all the votes were counted (electronically) and verified, here's how the candidates ranked in the voting:
District 1 (Apache, Coconino, Mohave and Navajo Counties)
- David J. Johns, Aspey Watkins & Diesel PLLC – Elected
District 4 (Cochise County)
- D. Christopher Russell, The Russells Law Firm PLC – Re-elected
District 5 (Pima and Santa Cruz Counties)
- Ted A. Schmidt, Schmidt Sethi & Akmajian – Re-elected
District 6 (Maricopa County)
- Heather Baker-Mushkatel, Mushkatel Robbins & Becker PLLC - Elected
- Kelsi Taylor Lane, Davis Miles McGuire Gardner PLLC - Re-elected
- Robert J. McWhirter, The Law Offices of Robert J. McWhirter - Re-elected
Newly elected Young Lawyers Division President Elizabeth Schmitt of the Arizona Corporation Commission Securities Division (Phoenix) will also join the board. The YLD president receives an automatic seat on the board during their one-year tenure.
The Board of Governors certified the election results at its April 14, 2023 meeting.
This page is managed by Carrie Sherman