2024 Board of Governors Election
Call for Candidates
Elections will be held in the following Board Districts in March/April 2024. The elected Governors will serve three-year terms.
- District 2 – 1 Board Seat Available: Yavapai County
- District 5 - 1 Board Seat Available: Pima and Santa Cruz Counties
- District 6 - 2 Board Seats Available: Maricopa County
- District 7 - 1 Board Seat Available: La Paz and Yuma Counties
Nomination Package Submission - Deadline 12/6/23
Nomination packets are due no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 6, 2023.
• Each elected Governor must be an Active Member of the State Bar of Arizona throughout the elected term. For five years prior to election to the Board, each elected Governor must have been an Active State Bar Member and have had no record of disciplinary sanctions under Rule 60. [Rule 32(e)(2)(B), Ariz. R. Sup. Ct.]
• A Board Policy states that members elected to serve on the Board of Governors shall not represent a party in any disciplinary matter nor serve in such capacity for one year after the expiration of their Board service.
• Candidates must submit a nominating petition, brief biographical sketch or candidate's statement, answers to questions that are asked of all candidates, a discipline disclosure statement, and high-resolution digital photograph.
To become a candidate in the 2024 Board of Governors election you must return all of the following items along with a photo (minimum 2"x3" at 300 dpi (high resolution)):
Candidates' nominating petitions and materials must be received no later than 5 p.m., Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at either of the State Bar's offices (4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100, Phoenix, Arizona, 85016-6266, or 270 N. Church Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85701-1113), or emailed directly to Carrie.Sherman@staff.azbar.org.