Discipline System Oversight Committee
In the summer of 2019, an operations review of the lawyer discipline system was conducted by the Arizona Supreme Court. Among other recommendations, the report recommended additional oversight of the discipline system. The Arizona Supreme Court established, by Administrative Order No. 209 - 145, the Board of Governors Discipline System Oversight Committee.
- the chairperson shall be a justice appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court
- the CEO/Executive Director of the State Bar of Arizona
- three members of the Board of Governors appointed by the Chief Justice
- two members of the Board of Governors, one of those a public member, appointed by the President of the State Bar.
The Committee shall:
- Oversee the performance of the disciplinary duties delegated to the chief bar counsel
- Periodically review the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of the State Bar of Arizona's duties outlined in Supreme Court Rule 49 in order to help ensure that the discipline system is adequately protecting the public.